Wednesday, August 19, 2009

to blog or to nap...what is the question?

One thing I'm noticing as I begin to get older is that now, unlike before, when I'm up really late into the wee early hours of the morning on just only one night, it takes practically the rest of the entire week for my body to really feel good and rested up again. Monday evening, I didn't get to work until 8pm instead of 5:30 or 6pm. To make matters worse, I ended up working 6 hours b/c the card dept. was totally trashed and I had 4 boxes to put out that came in earlier that day. By the time I cleaned up my mess, tossed my plastic, paper, and cardboard, and then found a member of management to sign my clipboard (just stating that I had been there), I didn't get home until sometime between 2 & 3 AM! By the time I got something to eat and entered my time on the website, it was around 3:30 AM!! Anyone ever notice how fast and yet still slow time goes by in the wee early morning hours? It's now been 2 days later and I'm really feeling the effects of that lost sleep. I'm fighting the urge to hit the couch for a quick snooze before L gets up from her nap for lunch and we get back to our school day. I desperately want to make a special announcement post and a catch-up of our last week, but I don't think I could do it without dropping my head on the table. I just put E down for his midday nap, and would give anything to get in 1/2 an hour.....aahhh....so much for that. L just answered the question....she's up now. After we finish our table work (desk work), we're heading out to the park down by the riverside, plus I have to go by & pay the water bill which is on our way.) We also have Wednesday night service at church this evening. Oh, if I can just make it through the rest of the day, I can go to bed at my normal bedtime. A good thing is that I saved my C-F-A sweet tea from last night. Maybe it'll help. I'm off to make some PB&J's for lunch. Have a blessed day!
:)

No comments: