Friday, August 28, 2009

busy, busy, busy

hi everyone!

I hope you're all having a great week and are looking forward to a wonderful relaxing weekend. I wish I could say the same. Well, I'm looking forward to the weekend, but it's not going to be to relaxing that is. August has been a busy month for me, so I haven't been able to post as much as I'd liked to. I really shouldn't be posting now either, seeing as how it's almost 3am, but I wanted to stop by to say HI! I actually just stopped working on a simplifying scrapbook organization project that I've begun thanks to an idea and inspiration I got from here. Thanks Robyn! (I've also learned a lot about how to use my Cricut Exp. from the videos on her blog. I just can't wait to get the time to play.)

So, I'm in the process of transferring the storage of my clear stamps to clear CD jewel cases. I just started tonight (last night) and have only transferred 2 complete sets, and it only took me about 5 hours! One set had 44 individual stamp pieces to it, so that was a lot and took the longest. I'm stamping the image with black StazOn ink on the outside of the jewel case and then the stamp goes inside. I know that a few different companies manufacture their stamps that way, so I'm probably a little way behind with the idea. I don't have a whole lot of stamp sets...yet...so before I grow my stamp stash any further, I needed to come up with a way to easily store them in as little room as possible and be able to see them to know exactly what I have. (A few times now, I've almost purchased the same set again that I already had, but didn't realize.) I purchased one of those Sterilite CD/DVD storage crates @ W-M the other night to store my stamp CD cases in and it looks like it's going to hold a lot of stamp sets. I'm really excited about it, but it's soooo time consuming. I know that it's going to be worth it in the end though and in the future as I buy up a new set, I'll immediately transfer them. Once I've finished them all, I'll post a pic.

Ok, so I need to jump off of here and try to get a little sleep. To quote one of L's most used phrases lately "I'm not tired!", I still should at least try to get a little sleep before the kids wake up. We have a homeschool group meeting later today, plus I have to make a service call to W-M this evening after DH gets home from work. I'm hoping ***crossing my fingers*** to come back and update you with what's been going on. Lots of stuff! There've been school days, birthdays, and everything else in between.
Have a blessed day!
:)

No comments: