Wednesday, August 12, 2009

breaktime

The kids are busy watching Elmo's World on Sesame Street, so I'm taking a quick moment to post. Our first day of homeschool went really well. L says that she likes school so far. But wouldn't you know it that when I want to capture her first day of Pre-K, the camera battery is dead!! Just my luck I guess. I had forgotten to charge it after church Sunday evening. I did manage to snap a pic from our 2nd day of school. I know what you're probably thinking...but no, that didn't happen. She's still very alive and very well. :) In science yesterday, we were studying body parts (head, arms, legs, hands, feet, etc.) and the lesson was to make a puzzle person. I had her to lie down on some banner paper and I traced around her body. Today we're going to cut it apart & make it a puzzle. She already knows her body parts, but it's going to be a good learning tool for E who is still learning his. We're getting ready to start our 3rd day of school in about 4 minutes. Yes, it's actually 3 hours later than scheduled, but that's one of the beauties I'm learning about homeschooling-being able to do it at your own pace and when it's convenient for you. I ended up working 8 hours last night at W-M (from 7:30p-3:30a), so I needed this morning to sleep.

I can hear the closing music for SS, so I need to get E a snack and get started with our day. Seeing as how we're getting a late start today, there may or may not be a nap for L today, and we'll probably school all the way up until it's time to get ready for church this evening. We'll just see how things go. At some point today, I have to go to W-M for a meeting with one of the managers to discuss vendor bin space. That's a whole other story that I'll have to go into later.

Everyone have a blessed day!
:)

No comments: