Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I have a confession to make.

::CAUTION:: LONG POST::

I have been absent from here for a reason. A lazy reason, I'm ashamed to say, but a reason. When I first set up this blog with the blogpak that I purchased, I had to get my hands a little dirty in some HTML. Now, if you know NOTHING about HTML, as I do, then it can be a little confusing and frustrating to figure out how to get a webpage to look EXACTLY the way you envisioned it in your head. Well, it was for me at least. I had to change the template, adjust the margins, column widths, and add & remove elements. Finally, after many, many, MANY hours of working on it, I finally got it to look as fabulous as it does! However, there was one small problem....the archives. I can't remember exactly what I'd done, or didn't do, but whenever I would make a new post from month to month, or even within that particular month, the archives section was not automatically updating as it was supposed to. I was having to go back in to my dashboard and MANUALLY update the archives with EVERY SINGLE post. Then after that was done, I had to adjust the collapsed months (the months that had more than 1 post for that month) to get it to just show the number of posts for that month and the name of the month. Needless to say, it was very tedious, time-consuming work that involved more HTML. So, for the past few months, I just didn't post at all. Even though I really wanted to quite a bit amidst the election, all of the holiday preparations, family visits, and starting a new job. I just didn't want to take the time to have to do al of that work. Lazy, yes?

So, today, as I ask for your forgiveness, I'm very excited to say that change has come to this here blog. (Did you think I was going to say America?) I went in on the dashboard (blogger's layout & settings) and added a new blog archives section and now I no longer have to update that manually myself. What does that mean?? That means that I will be blogging on a more regular basis from this day foreward. YAY!!! I noticed that it looks a little "off" because of the line break and "blog archives" title that show up after my tag button that I created that says the same thing, but you know what, if you can live with it, then so can I. It's just a minor detail in the overall appearance, and it's a small thing, and there's just no time in life to sweat the small stuff, right?

So, with that being said, check back on a regular basis for new posts, pics, and whatever else tickles my fancy. I'll be posting later tonight, or tomorrow about something that I'm going to be doing this year that has me very excited. There's actually 2 big things, so I'll share them one at a time. Yes, I will be back later with another post, I really will! I PROMISE!! Check back to see what it is.

Until then....ttfn~
:)

5 comments:

Carla said...

So glad you are back! Looking forward to seeing more of you!

Anonymous said...

alright, you're forgiven, now you have to hold up your end of the bargain and start posting more. What are you waiting on girly- get crackin!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis, just so you know, that anonymous commentor is me- as in Melanie-. See what you've done?? Yes you- it's been so long since You have posted and therefore so long since I have commented that You have left me no choice but to forget my password for posting comments!! I hope you can live with yourself! :P

Jan said...

Glad you're back!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME! LOL
Love & Misses Hugs & Kisses
Mom †